Sunday, May 17, 2015

Brutalized last night!

Well I was pretty brutalized last night at the tables. I guess it was due to come since I had been running pretty good lately. It has been a long time since I ran up against such a string of beats though and by night's end I was pretty pissed off and on full tilt. You know me..I hate flipping and prefer to be way ahead when I push all in. In every case I was well ahead until either the turn or river card and all the chips were already in the pot at that point. I was also not short on chips and had a decently healthy stack in each case so my callers were not priced in.

$5 sng double with 4 left. I have AK versus AJ. I do healthy preflop raise he calls. Ace comes on flop. We had some back and forth raises and were all in before the turn. He gets his 2 outer on the turn and I am out on the bubble.

$5 sng double with 4 left. I have A7 versus A5. He min raised PF and I called from big blind. Ace comes on flop and I push and he calls. He gets his 2 outer on the river and I am out on the bubble.

MTT tourney with 14 left and 8 get paid (74 runners). I have a slightly above average stack but we are getting close to push or fold time due to the blinds. I get AA in big blind and cross fingers someone pushes. I get my wish from someone with a slightly smaller stack than me. I would have been well in chip lead with this hand and insta-call. I find I am up against 22 and the 2 comes on the river to cripple me down to less than 2 BB. I push the next hand with A5 and A3 is priced in to call me and gets the 3 to boot me from the tourney.

I also had 3 other SNG that I crashed on where I was ahead when the chips went in but they ran me down by the river. I only cashed in one SNG for the evening and by nights end I was full monkey tilt. It was late and I had just enough wits to sign off before I really did some damage. I reviewed the hands again today to see if I could have done anything differently to induce a fold and in the 3 cases above it was destined to happen with how the hands played. A few of my other SNG I contributed by stringing them along with smallish raises and allowed them to catch up. I was pretty tired and was getting too timid and didn't stay aggressive enough when I had a hand. My bad and I paid for it. The semi good news is that I went ahead and played today and went 4 out of 5 SNG and got back over 1/2 of what I lost last night.

No comments: