Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Moving

On a non-poker related topic looks like I am going to be moving soon! I am getting a transfer with the company I work for and have to relocate to the DFW area. I am going to need to be there sometime in early March, but my family won’t be following until school is out in June. It’s going to be tough not being with them for 3 months, but it’s for the best financially for us. Loneliness aside it’s going to reverse my normal Poker routine I think. I usually play very little during the week. I will put in 4-5 hours on either Friday or Saturday night and then maybe an hour or so during the week. Once I move I will have nothing to do during the week, but plan to travel back to the family on a lot of weekends. I have a feeling that I will end up doubling my normal table time each week because I will most likely play 3-4 hours each night during the week and then not play at all on the weekends. Since I am not used to playing that much every day hopefully I won’t get a case of burn out. I do enjoy playing poker and if I ever stop enjoying it I just won’t play anymore. I am sure I will like it for the first few weeks, but we will have to see after that. It might start to feel like a job playing everyday so I might have to force myself to not play some nights during the week.

On a poker related topic… I am nearing my BR limit to start taking shots at the $5.20 DoN’s. It’s about damn time!! It took me a lot longer this time to grind it up because I am not playing nearly as much as last year. It’s been hard to only see the BR go up a few bucks at a time and not get antsy to move up. Once I get up to the $5.20 level the BR progress will go much faster. I just hope that my first few shots go well so I don’t have to step right back down again. If I take a shot and lose I will have to play another 12 $1.10 DoN’s just to get back to even at my current win rate avg. It’s such a huge difference in this first step up going from $1.10 to $5.20. I wish they had an intermediate step in the $3.00 range for these like the regular SNG’s. Last year I was extremely lucky to have started off with a perfect 8-0 record in the $5.20 DoN’s. I know that won’t happen again but hopefully when I get there I can win the first one or two of them to give me just a slight cushion so I don’t have to drop back down immediately. I haven’t played one hand in over a week now since I got sick. Between being sick and throwing in a trip to DFW to look around I haven’t had the time or really felt like playing. I think that will change now some since I am finally feeling better…just couldn’t knock this crap out..it just lingered and made me feel worn out all the time. I did play a few DoN's finallythough over the weekend.

C-ya
Dave

BR$ 79

No comments: