Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pokerstars FPP points

o.k. now.. what the hell are you supposed to do with these things if you are a micro limit player like me with low volume? I won’t ever really have enough to do anything with even if I saved them up. I guess I could save them for like a year and get a t-shirt??? LOL The past month I did around 150 tourneys and ended up with like 80FPPs roughly. Even as I move up in stakes I don’t plan on really playing much more so even if I get to the $10.40’s I will only bring in around 330FPP/month. At my crappy volume I would have to be playing the $20.80’s to even have a sniff at Silverstar. The obvious choice when you are only generating 15FPP/wk is the 10FPP & 20FPP MTT tourneys they offer each day. I used to play those some last year. The problem is that most likely you will end up playing for a few hours and get maybe $.35 for your trouble. While it’s better than a poke in the eye it’s not how I want to spend my limited table time. There are a few Hyper-Turbo satellite options you can use them on, but talk about a crap shoot! At least you don’t need to worry about playing for a few hours for $.35!! LOL… I am always looking to get the most bang for my buck or FPP points in this case. There is a 70FPP satellite to the Sunday XXXXX (look it up) where there are a 100 runners and top 10 get a $11.00 Ticket. Hmmm.. 1 in 10 chance to get 86% of your rake back? I’d take my odds of beating 90 people instead of 7 chances in the 10FPP MTT to win $11.00. If you win a ticket just unregister and you get your money in $T to use. I did this twice last year out of 3 tries so I got 57% of my rake back for my trouble. Then again you could always play the tourney and go for a nice cash (after 10 hours of play that is). The other option I kind of like is the 60FPP satellite to the “Steps” tourneys. Again there are 100 runners and top 10 get a Step 1 ticket (worth $7.50) and the winner gets a Step 2 ticket (worth $27). The problem with the Steps is that you are stuck in them until you hit Step 4. The good thing is that you are in a 1 table SNG with a chance to really move up into some high buy-in Steps and you earn more FPP’s with each tourney. I did this twice last year. The first time I won a Step 1 ticket and came in 4th in my SNG. The second time though I won a Step 1 ticket, then a Step 2 and then a Step 3. I crashed out pretty bad in my Step 3 tourney so I didn’t get a real cash return for my FPP’s but I got some experience playing with some Platinum & Supernova guys and I racked up another 52FPP points along the way so it only cost me 8FPP for the experience. If I had managed to make it one step higher I would have cashed out a $215.00 MTT entry! My vote is for either the 60FPP or 70FPP satellites depending on what you want back. I think for your time you will get more in return there. At the end of the month I had enough FPP’s to try one of these. I went for the 60FPP Step satellite and I crashed out in 13th.. so close and it sucks to go completely card dead at that stage ( I am talking about 7 hi card dead for 2 entire orbits!). Oh well.. maybe next time..but I think it’s better to spend an hour there instead of going for a $.35 cash in a huge MTT. I am about ½ way to enough FPP points for my next shot and once I move up to the $5.20 level I should be able to do one about once a week. Fun.fun.fun.

So what do you Pokerstars players usually use your FPP’s on???

Until next time,Dave

oh..I was sick all weekend so I hardly played any.

BR $71

No comments: